APT Pro Gear Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APT Pro Gear Discussion Board

Lets Talk Weightlifting!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Florida State Meet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
adamdriggers

Florida State Meet Empty
PostSubject: Florida State Meet   Florida State Meet Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

I'm traveling to Orlando this weekend for The APF's FLorida State Meet. It's being hosted by Brian Schwab of Orlando Barbell. Brian runs some great meets so I'm expecting a well run andexciting meet. Team Samson has 3 guys competing: Daniel is competing in only his second meet. I'm handling him at this meet, usually he handles me. Gary will be competing in his first meet. WE wish him well. Clint Smith is also competing. Clint is an APT lifter. We look for Clint to go near 800 on his bench. I hope he doesn't out bench his squat. He would never hear the end of it from us. There are sure to be a few other APT lifters as well. I'll post some reports tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
adamdriggers

Florida State Meet Empty
PostSubject: Flroida State Meet   Florida State Meet Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:35 pm

This was a great meet. Brian schwab is a great meet promoter, and he is surrounded by a great group of people that help him do an outstanding job. The meet was huge, there were a ton of lifters. The place was packed, and they were loud and supportive all day long. Plenty of door prizes were given out, everything from stickers to sweatshirts. Clint Smith took 2nd in the pro class. He hit 785 on a third attempt bench to stay in the meet. It was impressive.

I'd like to say thanks to all the Team Samson guys that came down to help: James, Shane, Tony, and Nathan. Our guys had a good day thanks to your help. 4 guys entered 4 guys finished. That's not the norm for us so I was happy. Dondell Blue put up some huge raw numbers: 740 Squat, 500 Bench, and 720 Dead I think. Daniel and Gary also did great in their first full meets.
Back to top Go down

Florida State Meet
Page 1 of 1