APT Pro Gear Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APT Pro Gear Discussion Board

Lets Talk Weightlifting!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Problem with 750lb capacity lifting hooks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobody

Problem with 750lb capacity lifting hooks Empty
PostSubject: Problem with 750lb capacity lifting hooks   Problem with 750lb capacity lifting hooks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 pm

I purchased a pair of lifting hooks about a year ago and have notice a small problem. The metal hook has an extremely sharp edge on the slot the nylon strap goes through. It's on the side the slot die exited during the punch process (if these were made on a punch press). This edge is slowly cutting the strap. I've been using them with about 500 lbs. of weight and one strap is cut 1/2 way through. I de-burred the slot by hand and this slowed down the cutting but I'm becoming hesitant about using these again. I was thinking these would last several years minimum. Luckily, I bought these at 2 for one and I have another pair. I de-burred my second pair with a jeweler's file (takes about an hour). It would be a lot easier for the guys in China (or whatever country they're made in) to de-burr them before the strap is installed and shipped to the customer. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
PipeDreams

Problem with 750lb capacity lifting hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem with 750lb capacity lifting hooks   Problem with 750lb capacity lifting hooks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:01 pm

I have went through 4 pair of the 750lb hooks because of this problem. They begin to fray @ the ends because of the sharp edges. Yesterday I had both of them snap on a 585lb deadlift. I contacted APT, and Alan offered to refund my purchase. This is the type of customer service that makes lifters continue to purchase equipment from a reputable source. You can try and use the haulin hooks that are rated for 1250 lbs.
Back to top Go down

Problem with 750lb capacity lifting hooks
Page 1 of 1