APT Pro Gear Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APT Pro Gear Discussion Board

Lets Talk Weightlifting!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RayOfHope

Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro. Empty
PostSubject: Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro.   Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:21 pm

My order of one pair each of Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro, arrived yesterday and I tried wrapping one knee and squatting down to see how they felt (no bar or weight was used).

Some back ground on me and my experience with wraps so you know where I’m coming from. I compete in Powerlifting Australia (IPF affiliated) in the 67.5 kg (149 lb) division. Competed for many years as an u23 lifter from 1992 to 1998 and went to 2 world juniors, then had a long break before competing again in 2007. From 1992 to 1998 I used the old double gold line raps. First comp in 2007 borrowed a pair of red devils. Second comp in 2007 bought 3 new pairs of the Inzer Iron knee wraps and loved them. Squatted 210 kg (463 lbs) on my third and it flew up. Squat suit was an Inzer Hardcore.

Now I am used to having my coach wrap my knees insanely tight on comp lifts. With the Inzer Iron wraps he did them progressively tighter each attempt.

So last night I tried on all four new APT wraps and my Inzer Iron wraps to compare.

The ZRV-Pro knee wraps felt similar to the Inzer wraps ie stretchy and easy to pull and wrap really tight.

I had read some great reviews of the Hybrid wraps and the 2XH and 3XH sounded great, so was expecting big things from them.

However, the Hybrid, 2XH, and 3XH were all very stiff and hard to stretch to wrap tight. Maybe if someone else wraps them for me that might help. Because they were hard to wrap tight, they felt better when on ie not totally cutting off the circulation to my legs, but were much easier to squat down in and didn’t seam to give as much rebound.

I also did a subjective test of just holding the wrap material in my hands, stretching it out as much as I could and judging the spring back force.

Now although the Inzer Iron wraps stretched much much more than the Hybrid, 2XH, and 3XH they seemed to have more spring back force at the fully stretched point. This is important as when I wrap with them, they are virtually fully stretched as they go around my knee & therefore much longer than the original un-stretched 2m, and the rebound I get out of them is in this stretched condition.

So my question is how do I get the best out of these APT wraps, and by best I mean help me squat more weight in a comp?

I have a comp tomorrow, so will get my coach to try wrapping them very tight for me and see how they feel in some warm ups, but if I don’t feel like I’m getting as much out of them as I did with the Inzer wraps in training, I’ll use the Inzer wraps for this comp.

BTW, I found the length varied on the knee wraps, some are slightly longer than 2 m and will need to be cut if I want to use in comps. The 3XH I actually received in 3m rather than 2m. I cut them already in order to try them out.

Regards
Ray
Back to top Go down
RayOfHope

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro.   Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:40 pm

Didn't have time to experiment in warm ups before the comp, so just went with the Iron wraps. Weighed in at 67.0 kg (148 lbs) Squatted 215 kg (474 lbs) on my second, and missed 225 kg on the third attempt.

Will try out the APT wraps in training without a suit and see which ones help squat the most.

BTW videos of the lifts are here if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/user/RayHope10

Cheers
Ray
Back to top Go down
PozzSka

PozzSka

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro.   Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:29 pm

nice vids, good lifts.
Back to top Go down
snon250

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro.   Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:29 am

Yeah! God lifting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro.   Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hybrid, 2XH, 3XH and ZRV-Pro knee wraps, all 2 m long with no Velcro.
Page 1 of 1