APT Pro Gear Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APT Pro Gear Discussion Board

Lets Talk Weightlifting!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How To Buy Chains!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gdubdb21

How To Buy Chains!!! Empty
PostSubject: How To Buy Chains!!!   How To Buy Chains!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 am

I'm going to purchase the chain collars from APT and will be purchasing he chains from he hardware store to save money on the shipping.

I was wondering how do you purchase chains from a hardware store? And, what would be the best store to go to...Home Depot? What is the difference between the 5/8" inch chains and the others..is that the width of the chain? I need about 50-60lbs of chain to use on bench presses, floor presses, box squats, etc.

Thanks and I appreciate all you help. scratch
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Buy Chains!!!   How To Buy Chains!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:01 pm

The 5/8 is the size of the chain. I will tell ya what we use to bench with on the Kennelly power Team. We have 10 four foot lengths of chain. We figure them at about 20lbs each. Each set we will add one to each side. We do 5 sets so at the end you are adding approx 200lbs of chain. So if you start at 405 it may seem light, but at the end you are at 605 at the top.

I will check on the chain to see what is the best place to get them.
Back to top Go down
https://aptprogearforum.forumotion.com
Jim

PostSubject: Re: How To Buy Chains!!!   How To Buy Chains!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:50 pm

The 5/8" refers to the thicknes of the steel making up the links. About the largest you will find at a hardware store is 3/8". My uncle found some that was used as an engine hoist and he got them for free. There was a huge Rubbermade container full and we cut them to the length we wanted. We have way more than we will ever use. If you are anywhere near Dayton or Columbus Ohio I can hook you up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Buy Chains!!!   How To Buy Chains!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Buy Chains!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
APT Pro Gear Discussion Board :: TRAINING AND DIETS SECTION - :: POWERLIFTING - PowerLifting Discussion-
Jump to: